Dentistry on Sheppard
Blog & Articles
5 Steps to Good Oral Health
July 2020 / DENTISTRY
Help reduce the risk of oral disease by following these 5 steps
1. See your dentist regularly
Every person's needs are unique, but Dr. Cloth can advise you on the checkup and cleaning schedule that helps prevent problems and stops small problems from worsening.
2. Eat a balanced diet
Healthy food promotes wellness and good oral health. Avoid sugar.
3. Check regularly for warning signs
Gum disease is a leading cause of adult tooth loss. The warning signs can include red, shiny, puffy, sore, sensitive or bleeding gums and persistent bad breath. Oral cancer's warning signs can include inexplicable bleeding, open sores, white or red patches, numbness or tingling, and small lumps and thickening on the sides or bottom of your tongue, the floor or roof of your mouth, the inside of your cheeks or on your gums. Report these warning signs to Dr. Cloth.
4. Don't smoke or chew tobacco
Tobacco promotes gum disease and tooth loss and may lead to serious problems such as oral cancer.
5. Practice good oral hygiene
Floss your teeth once daily to clean between your teeth and use soft bristled toothbrush to brush your teeth and tongue at least twice daily with a natural (herbal) toothpaste to disperse plaque and bacteria.
- Autumn Dental Care Tips
- Oral Cancer Awareness: Safeguarding Your Smile and Health
- Dental Care during Pregnancy: What Expectant Mothers Need to Know
- The Connection Between Oral Health and Overall Well-being: A Holistic Approach to Dental Care
- Smile Secrets: Tips for Maintaining Healthy Teeth and Gums
- Debunking Common Myths About Oral Health and Dental Care
- Dental Implants Or Dentures?
- How Smiling Affects Overall Health
- The Correlation Between Dental & Heart Health
- Everything You Need to Know About Ozone Therapy
- How to Stop Tooth Decay and Prevent Cavities
- Everything You Need to Know About Halitosis
- Can I Have My Amalgam Dental Fillings Removed?
- Gum Disease (Periodontal Disease) and Stress
- New Dental Ideas - Fads, TikTok Ideas
- Aloe Vera
- Glucosamine and The Temporomandibular Joint
- Should I Have My Mercury Fillings Removed?
- Prebiotics and the Oral Microbiome
- 5 Steps to Good Oral Health
- What’s Involved at A Dental Check-Up
- Nutrition, Teeth, and Good Health
- Apthous Ulcers (Canker Sores)
- Remineralization of Teeth
- Tongue Scraping
- Fluoride Exposure In Utero Linked To Lower IQ In Kids, Study Says
- The Link Between Sugar and Depression